Dave first visited Sweden in 1984 and after doing a 10 year exchange friendship program with Höllvikens TK. He liked Sweden so much that he came over to work full time in 1995 with the club whilst still doing his own work as an International Touring Coach. In 2005 he started EuroElite Jr Tennis Development Center. Dave keeps his permanent home in Höllviken, Sweden for the past 21 years.
Dave has now started other EuroElite Academies; EuroElite Germany with Michael Andreasson as Director, in Vietnam working with Becamex Tennis and Mexico working with Jorge Olaya at Performance Tennis Academy in Cocoyoc.
Some highlights of his 41 year coaching career are:
- NCAA Division 1 New Coach of the Year 1986 WAC ( Univ. of Texas – El Paso)
- USTA Zonal Coach Eastern Section
- Junior Davis Cup Coach for USTA Western Section
- Voted one of the TOP TEN Best Junior Development Coaches in the USA by MIZUNO International and Ivan Lendl (former ATP #1 world-ranked player)
- Coached 7 National USA Champions and over 20 Scandinavian Champions
- Coached during EuroElite camps and tours most of the top Scandinavian Players who have gone on to become #1 in their countries and many have gone on to get their ATP Points including the younger years: the Ymer Brothers, Daniel Berta (fd #1 ITF world and French Open Junior Winner), Mikael Torpegaard, Claes Göransson, Filip Bergevi and many more
- Only trainer to be give the status as “official national coach” by multiple countries such as Sweden, Denmark, Norway,Finland, Vietnam, Switzerland, England and Ireland.
- USPTA Pro Level 1
- Regular Consultant for Coach and Player Development to Fair Play Tennis Club (Malmö) Sweden’s largest Tennis School with over 1700 players
- In the 21 years whilst in Scandinavia, Dave has done over 300 Tennis Europe/ITF tours with over 1000 players!
- Voted BEST FOREIGN COACH by YUCATAN TENNIS ITF GRADE 1: 2007
- Mentored by former Wimbeldon & US Open Champion and Master Coach Dennis Ralston in the art of tactics, technique and match mentality motivation.
- Working with Scandinavian Regions and Federations as Int’l Tour Leader and Seminar Speaker
- Nordic Coaches Conference-Copenhagen; Seminar Speaker “Junior Talent Development” June 2017.
FIRST AND FOREMOST… EDUCATION AND TENNIS GO HAND AND HAND AT EUROELITE!
All of our training concepts are geared to preparing players in the classroom and on the court (as well as off:-) to get a College Education. Competing at the highest university levels in the USA, as a Scholarship Player will THEN the player can go on the ATP Tour when they have that diploma in their hands!! Our NEW COLLEGE PREP PROJECT will fit your player and give them the dream to STAY IN THE GAME!!!
I have a different outlook on tennis than most having coming from a tough competitive background: I teach players to become “comfortable with being uncomfortable”. As tennis is a random sport, we can’t always control every aspect of play… so we have at our camps and tours in a tough but manageable and safe environment which challenges you both on and off the court. Furthermore, Tom Venenziano’s book “THE TRUTH ABOUT WINNING” sums up the second area: “if you don’t learn how to lose (correctly), you will never really learn how to win.”
I am first and foremost a student of this wonderful game and take concepts learned during the months on the international tour, personal experiences and studies of other coaches styles and combine them to have, what many believe is a realistic, self-actualizing and positive yet realistic atmosphere for the players to learn to cope with and conquer the rigors of becoming the best tennis compeitior and athlete they can be regardless of man-made rankings or results. REMEMBER, YOU CREATE A DIAMOND BY PLACING COAL UNDER PRESSURE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME… and there you go. Another saying I like: ” you can’t make an omelet without first breaking the eggs.”
So, we are tough, but fair and we look for parents and players who believe that it is a refreshing experience to have our players “uncomfortable” from time to time and who will embrace this concept whilst knowing we have an abundantly positive and motivating/competitive safe environment here at Base Camp EuroElite… we give LIFE LESSONS… not just Tennis Lessons.
Our goal is to COMPLIMENT the club’s programing,,, not to COMPETE with the club. I have found that EE coaches have the ability to get the best stokes out of a player by using breathing techniques, balance, focusing and finishing techniques… the grip changes which are complicated are left for the home trainers to work with when required. This is the reason that all participants must ask for approval from their trainers to visit or tour with us… and also the reason so many clubs in Sweden, Norway,, Finland and Denmark TRUST EUROELITE and send their TOP players and those who INSPIRE to be to us. It is manditory that HOME CLUB AND ACTIVITIES COME FIRST!”
Please feel free to drop me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions about tours, weekends or other camps in Sweden/Denmark/Norway/Germany/Czech Republic!.